Friday, July 03, 2009

An update

It's been just over a year since I blogged. An update on the highlights from my calendar:


July '08: Celebrated my birthday. Had my annual checkup.

August '08: Had my hair cut and car inspected.

September '08: Coco flew in from Atlanta for a mutual friends 70th birthday celebration weekend. We all worked at Big Bank together. Caught up on all of the Big Bank gossip...nothing changed. And we celebrated Coco's birthday. Knitting Pure & Simple knit in Plymouth Baby Grande Alpaca.

Coco gift & Bailey
Bailey guarding Coco's Birthday Gift


Later in the month I helped "man the booth" at the Chesapeake Heritage Fiber Arts festival for Tidewater Knitting Guild of Virginia. A last minute decision to enter my knitting resulted in Best In Show cup, First Place and 2 Second Place ribbons.

CHAF 2008. AND an alpaca vendor asked me to knit a few display pieces for her in exchange for yarn after seeing these.

October '08: Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier was fun. Purchased 1 skein of yarn..alpaca, black, 600 yds.

Stepped down as President of the Guild, 3 years is looong time. I'll work on the Community Committee...a committee of one.

Took a Tatting class...don't ask. I made lots of knots.

Began training to work as an Election Official in November.

Clara Parks, Knitters Review & The Knitters Book of Yarn presented a fantastic talk on fiber. It was fun catching up with her.

Had my teeth cleaned. No cavities.

November '08:

Worked the elections. Very long day.

Started a knit-a-long at Ewe Knit Kits for a top down sweater with a different stitch pattern every few inches. Still have a sleeve and the button bands to finish.

J, K and I went to KnitXperience at Graves Mtn. Fun weekend meeting new knitters. And of course Graves Mountain Lodge is always fun.

And I was re-elected to BOD of my homeowners association. Not a big deal...no one else voluneered. It'll be my second time. I took a year off.

December '08: Quiet month. Christmas Day with my mother. Working at Ewe Knits.

So that was the last few months of 2008....

1 comment:

Linda said...

Fixed a few date '09 to '08 cuz I'm posting past not future events. Thanks for pointing out the problem.