Finished all of the Fiber Trends felted hats (Diva,Felt and Fancy, Personal Touch and Bright Chapeau)
I was able to knit Felt and Fancy on Sunday. It felted beautifully. Scarf is not done, but I'll wrap another scarf around it for now.
Another hit was Personal Touch. I knit it in a solid grey. Felted nicely. It can be dressed up with a pin. And adding a novelty will also make it more fun.
As for Bright Chapeau, I did use a size US10.5 needle and the Cascade 220 worsted. After looking at the number of stitches used in the pattern I decided to knit the smallest size. The bottom turned out great, but the number of rows on the top were a bit much so the hat is very lopsided between bands of color. Other than that...CUTE!
Diva...mistake using just the 1 strand of Cascade 220. Looks like a tall bowl. But, the small brim does turn up nicely and would make a nice little beanie cap for someone with a smaller head than mine.
The moebus will be ripped and reknit....it's much too big/long... But looked really nice.
I also started my top down raglan sweater using the Knitting Pure and Simple rollneck pattern and Cascade 220 Tweed. Hmm, I'm seeing a Cascade 220 pattern here. So far so good.
And I started and finished a washcloth using Euroflax. Bobbie is testing to see if we should carry it at Ewe Knit Kits. I was able to knit about 20 rows before having to give my hands a rest. And it does machine wash and dry nicely. Really softens up.
And what did I do while knitting....I watched the following movies:
- A Christmas Story - you'll shoot your eye out!
- Christmas Vacation - Chevy Chase and lots of Christmas lights...'nuf said
- Pride and Prejudice - straight through both DVD's! just to see Mr. Darcy smile...swoon...
- Three Coins in the Fountain - 3 "girls" in love in 1954 Rome and wearing white gloves
- Victor/Victoria - a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman ...and all while singing!
- The Four Feathers - 1939 where desert Harry doesn't speak
- The Four Feathers - 2002 where desert Harry does speak
- Shadowlands - Anthony Hopkins, Debra Winger and a box of tissues
- 84 Charing Cross Road - Anthony Hopkins, Anne Bancroft and a box of tissues
- Under the Tuscan Sun - nothing like the book, well her name, restoration of an Italian Villa and an old man, but that's about it
Ewe Knit Kits & Yarn news .
I offered and my offer was accepted to work the 27th and 28th. Bobbie's sister was visiting and had expected to "sit and knit" with Bobbie...her comment at the end of the day was "this isn't a yarn shop, it's a department store!". Yeah, we were that busy.
If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and check out all of the great yarns Bobbie has put on the sale shelves. Cottons, wools, novelty's...
KnittaPalooza info is up. Click on the link once you get to the site. Classes are filling up. I've put my name on the list for a few.... Tips Tricks and Hints, Latvian Wristers; Aran Pullovers; Shopping with Barry; Beaded Knitted Creations. Yeah yeah I know, some are at the same time....will cloning adults be ready by March 11th?
Also check out the new-to-the-website yarns Bobbie has listed. Manos Del Ureguay', Keltic Krafts, and new/updated color cards for others. Oh and we now have every single color of Plymouth Encore in house and on the shelves...well they were all there on the 28th