Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sit, Down, Stand & Witchduck

Puppy Pre Placement Class 1 - What I learned

Dogs don't ask to go out to potty; you tell the dog when it's time

Male dogs do not lift their leg

Massages are given to dogs by their raisers; starts right after birth

Dogs are named at birth and the name stays with them for life

There are sponsors of individual dogs; they get to name the dog....Pepsi

There is about a 4 year waiting list to adopt a dog that did not find a career with or through
Guiding Eyes for the Blind

You need a large box of tissues for the 8 hour drive home

Sit Down Stand

Our instructor thinks the area has odd street names like Witchduck. Wait until she hears the story of Pleasure House Road or Quarantine Road. You can probably figure these out for yourselves.

If you're reading my blog for it's knitting content. Sorry. Knitting on the FLH shawl continues. The second half looks like the first half.

And the Guild will knit hats for our 4th quarter charity project. I've already pulled a few single skeins that I'll use.

My niece used a nice simple pattern with a great idea for a pompom. I think I have that book and I'm pretty sure I'll steal the pompom idea!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow, I didn't know that each dog can have a sponser.
How many more classes do you have until they place a dog with you?

I'm honored you would want to use my idea for the pom-pom :) It was a happy accident. Let me know if you want me to scan that pattern for you if you don't have the book.