Tuesday, January 20, 2004

It's been a long time....

...and now I have a moment to post. Been rather busy at mortgage paying work. Lots of meetings and training and general work stuff.

And my car need brakes....$$$$$.

Optically Delusional is in the pile to be frogged. Yep, ripped back into little balls of soft merino wool. It's hedious. And I knew that ...the longer I knit....the more I disliked it. I have the back and both fronts completed. This past Sunday I pinned it together and pretended it would look great once I tried it on. It looked worse. Still love the yarn though.

I also frogged the Lily Chin shawl. Can't remember the name of the pattern. One of those that say's it's "easy". And I'm sure it is, just not a very interesting pattern results for all the markers and counting I'm doing. The sock yarn I used in a brown/tan/black will be reused for the Little Leaf Shawl from Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book #3.

Which reminds me...I placed an order with KnitPicks last week. A few skeins of Jamieson Spindrift to try out and a few books, one of which is Knitting The Old Fashion Way.

The only project currently underway is a seed stitch scarf out of Manos

So on to my next sweater project...Sally's Favorite Summer Sweater from The Knit Stitch. Pulled a skein of King Tut cotton, color 13 which is what I'd call a marine blue. Am knitting an extra large swatch and so far so good.

Finished up a Felting Class at Ewe Knit Kits this past Saturday. It was a 2 Saturday class. 2 of the 6 students that signed up actually showed up and we picked up one lady who happened to be in the store shopping on the 10th. I let the students choose their project. 1 hat, 2 totes. Fingers crossed all felts well.

Speaking of Ewe Knit Kits, it's been beyond hectic. Every week a sales record is being broken. Not complaining, you understand, but the stuff that's flying out are the novelty yarns. Seldom do I sell yarn for socks that will actually become socks. Now I did sell I skein of Lorna's Lace Helen's Lace to a woman who also purchased a Jamieson Pattern Book. We have 12 students in our "Beyond Scarves" class....make a baby sweater...so hopefully they will want to knit something besides scarves.

Staff meeting tomorrow night to discuss the upcoming Knit-A-Palooza in mid-May. I'll keep you updated.

Scooter Girl and Redhead boy are off to Hollywood.....good on 'em!

No comments: